[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Contester Plans web site

Todd Sprinkmann sprinkies at excel.net
Mon Jun 4 11:31:10 PDT 2012

    Hi David,

    Your memory is good.  Those are Google spreadsheets that
are centered on the EN44 area.  The creator of those spread-
sheets wanted the focus to remain on WI and adjacent states.
Basically stick to a 300-350 mile radius surrounding WI.

   I just posted that Google spreadsheet link to kc9bqa.com.
Visit my website to see it.

    I have repeatedly urged other parts of the country to create
something similar.  You could have a listing of activity for the
Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, OH Valley, Gulf Coast,
Southern Plains, Central Plains, etc, etc.
    I think publicizing known activity ahead of time is a good
way to motivate regular V/U contesters plus get the casual
operator to upgrade their effort.  It's *really* important for
rovers to let everyone know what their plans are.

   When VHF/UHF'ers publicize what's going on, good things
happen.  Look at what KA1ZE and the 144.205 Morning
Group has done for activity levels the past year and a half.
Visit ka1ze.com and see samples of Stan's daily V/UHF
newsletter.

    73,
    Todd   KC9BQA      EN63ao     40 N of Milwaukee
    www.kc9bqa.com   For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
    www.wivuch.com   WI  VHF/UHF County Hunters Award