[VHFcontesting] PA Question

George Sintchak wa2vnv at optonline.net
Wed Oct 24 10:39:07 EDT 2012

John,

Yes, the NF will increase but only by a very small amount, as Tom has
previously shown...
<<<Snip<<<
> If the amp is first (and having described it as a power amp, this might
> raise some eyebrows), then:
>
>    Ft = 5 + (10-1)/100 = 5 + .09, or just over 7 db.

Ft = 10 log 5.09 = 7.067 dB, so there is a small increase of 0.067 dB.
Not easy to measure the difference, you certainly will not hear the
difference!
YMMV

What's driving this question for you?
73's, George