[VHFcontesting] AB2YI/R QRV for Contest

David Muller dm5957 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:37:44 EDT 2012

I plan to start the VHF contest near Watertown, NY with back-to-back sites in FN14 and FN24, probably a pretty rare grid.  Will be looking for VE/VAs and contacts across the lakes.  l'll continue working around the grid corner to FN13 and FN23 through Saturday evening.

Since I'm staying nearby, may check FN24 late or again Sunday morning.  Then, I'll be heading south to sites near Syracuse for more FN23, and FN22 until mid day.   After that, will be going west to FN12, FN02, (FN13) and FN03.

Running 100w on lower 4 bands except for 25w on 222.  Stacked Yagis on 222, 432, single or stack on
2M, with a Moxon on 6M.  Working SSB and CW with FM available, particularly for 223.5 if needed.  May monitor
146.55 when not working 222.

Email welcome from stations looking for any grids--please include your 6 digit.  Some schedules may be possible, probably better for Saturday.  I'll try, but please be aware that keeping to a travel plan has been hard enough.

Here's a rough plan which may change:

Saturday, EDT  2 PM to 3:30PM  FN24ae
			3:30 PM to 5 PM   FN14xc  These sites are close and I may interchange
			5:30 PM to 6:30PM  FN13xu
			7 PM to 8:30 PM	FN23av
			(9 PM or later  		FN24bb)

Sunday, EDT   (8AM- 9AM  FN24bb or FN23av)
			9AM to 11 AM  Mobile
			11AM to 12PM   FN22dw
			12PM to 1PM	  FN23ca
			1PM to 3PM  Mobile FN12  Now, it gets sketchy...
			3PM to 5:30  FN12au/ FN02vs
			6PM to 7PM  Rover dinner, Leroy
			7:30PM to 9PM  FN02wv
			9:30PM to ?	FN03