[VHFcontesting] SunSDR2 HF/VHF Transceiver

Gregory Zenger [N2GZ] n2gz at gregzenger.com
Sat Apr 6 03:48:31 EDT 2013

I agree with Roger's comments below. Spot on.

In order to capture the 'best of both worlds' I have begun designing a set
of filters to multiplex the IFs of transverters into the same RX port on a
Flex-6000 series radio. Running IFs of  26MHz, 28Mhz, 30Mhz (for 144, 222
and 432MHz) and direct 50Mhz from preamp into one SCU via a 4 way
multiplexer (quadplexer?) will give the user the feeling of an
all-in-one-box radio. (monitor all SSB portions of the VHF and lower UHF
bands simultaneously) I plan to do the same thing for the 135-165MHz band on
the Flex-6700 series for viewing 902/3, 1296, and whatever combination of
uWave bands is necessary. I don't see the need to monitor all the uWave
bands simultaneously so the 2304, 3456, 5760, 10G, 24G etc. bands can be
switched in as needed (Flex claims 8 slices so 8 VHF+ bands simultaneously.
pretty good, eh?)

The feeling of all-in-1-box will be even more complete if the software can
apply transverter offsets to individual band segments.

I am anxiously awaiting my flex-6700 so I can begin experimenting.

If anyone out there preordered a 6000 series radio, or is thinking about it,
and wants to swap system engineering ideas for imbedding it in a multi band
VHF setup, feel free to email me off list.

Greg, N2GZ