[VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......

Jerry jer.sieg at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 28 16:17:55 EST 2013

I am afraid the days of print are slowly coming to an end ! I remember
back in my CB then SWL days..one of the few local stores that carried CQ
Magazine was my 'Monthly Trek' as a kid on my bike, to see if the 'New
Issue' was in ! I occasionally bought others, Popular Elec,
Communications, etc..but 'CQ' was what I was always looking for !  I
guess if I look back the 30+ years now..those 'colorful Rig Adds,
DXpedition stories, etc.. I 'Owe it to CQ Mag for making me pursue the
Hobby' !  Have not read one in years..but still remember those
'TS-820's, IC-751's, etc..that would make me 'drool' while listening to
'the guys' on my Radio Shack DX-160 ! Always figured 'Some Day' ! Well
that day came in Feb. 84'..was a 'Great Magazine'..sorry to see her a SK !
Jerry
VE6CPP