[VHFcontesting] Fwd: ARRL VHF Contest....

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue Jan 8 17:14:08 EST 2013

Lots like our "PR Campaign" to encourage ARES Groups to participate in
the new "FM Only" category are
starting to pay off, at least in Alabama. Hopefully, we'll see other
emergency response groups test out their
simplex capabilities during the January contest as well.

See e-mail below for more details. Several groups here also plan to
activate emergency operations centers (EOC) at hospitals, EMA offices,
etc. Should make for a lot more activity on .55 and .58 at least.

*Les Rayburn, N1LF*
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park Maylene, AL 35114
6M VUCC #1712
Grid Pirates #222
Life Member Central States VHF

WPC4LF Popular Communications Monitor ID