[VHFcontesting] Jan VHF SS Equipment checkout

George Sintchak wa2vnv at optonline.net
Mon Jan 14 00:10:12 EST 2013

Hi All.
I hope someone can help out with an contest equipment checkout & demo sked
for this Wednesday, 1/16,  ~11 AM, in the South Florida (EL96vk) area.  We
just did a major upgrade to the N4BRF tower and added a VHF/UHF station to
the club site trailer in time for the Jan contest. Also added mast preamps
on 144 & 432.
So I'm hoping someone in the South Florida area can meet up on 144.200 this
Wednesday (1/16) ~11 AM so we can do a final checkout. It also seems several
of the area beacons are off the air. We were hearing the W4PLB Orlando
beacons on 144.277 & 432.307 abt 2 weeks ago, but they are gone now (as of
1/12).

Tnx es 73's. George, WA2VNV (snowbird in Delray Beach)
Hope to wk u in the 'test.
Club website: www.N4BRF.org  Grid EL96vk

50 MHz, 100 Watts, SteppIR at 55 ft.

144 MHz, 160 Watts, 2M12 +Mast Preamp at 60 ft.

432 100 W, 440-18 +Mast preamp at 65 ft.