[VHFcontesting] W3EC opertating portable from FM19aw

David All n3xudfm19 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:09:48 EST 2013

I copied and pasted this email from fellow club members who will be
operating from FM19aw

As many of you already know, several of us are heading out west to the
Tuscarora Summit to work the VHF contest this Saturday & Sunday. We will
actually be located on the very top of "Big Mountain" about 3 miles north
of Tuscarora Summit. The elevation here is about 2,500 feet. I have
attached two maps to this e-mail. "Tuscarora.jpg"  shows our location in
relation to the York area. The distance is about 64 miles. Since we are so
high, you should be able to contact us with a base rig or from your car. If
you have a directional antenna like a Yagi, aim it due West. If you're just
using an H.T., hang out the attic window and hope for the best!

    We will be operating under the callsign "W3EC".

    We will be monitoring the following frequencies starting at about noon
on Saturday and all the way through to about noon on Sunday when we will
tear down.

    144.34 MHz FM simplex (2 Meters)
    446.000 Mhz FM simplex (70 CM)
    52.525 MHz FM simplex (6 Meters)

    We will also be operating on 2 meters, 6 meters, and 70 CM using SSB.
If you wish to make a SSB contact with us, you can arrange it on one of the
above FM frequencies.

    If you contact us on any (or all) of these frequencies, you will give
us a contact and help our score.

    We are driving out to this site Saturday morning and will begin set up
at about 8 AM. We will se operating from a large tent under generator
power. We will have Yagi's set up for all the bands on SSB. For FM, we will
be using a vertical. We will most likely be on the air by 9 or 10 AM.

73
Dick, WA3USG