[VHFcontesting] "Dxpeidtion" to EN86

K8TB k8tb at bosscher.org
Tue Jan 29 10:56:36 EST 2013

Please understand that I am not a high end contester, but my buddies and
I are planning to operate from EN86 during the June ARRL VHF contest. We
will actually be there the Thursday afternoon before the contest, and if
the band is open, we will be on the air. If the bands are dead, well,
Caribou Lake is a great fishing lake!

I have never undergone a situation like this before. We actually drove 5
hours one way just to scout the place out, but, what I would like to
know is if others on this list have a document or PDF that lists all the
items to do ahead of time, and things to take along. Our group talks a
couple night a week and we are filling up our list, but as newbies, we
would like to hear from others who have been there before.

EN86 is not as exotic as EL58, but if this works out, maybe next year we
could operate from a pontoon boat on the lake at the confluence of
EN75/76/85/86!

Thank you for your help

Tom Bosscher K8TB

http://www.michiganbroadcasttowers.com/amateur/EN86.htm