[VHFcontesting] 2m and 6m Antenna Configuration

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 16:34:34 EST 2013

Jim, Thoughts.... How long, how many elements, how much gain on the Tonna 2M? This will determine the optimum spacing, BUT assuming they are similar in length to the 6M antenna, the spacing is probably something like 10-12 feet maybe a little more in the E plane than the H plane. BUT assuming you want horizontal polarization, you really don't want to mount them side by side because it's mechanically difficult, PLUS it narrows the pattern in the horizontal plane.. better to mount them one over the other, this narrows the pattern in the vertical plane and keeps the horizontal the same. I'd put one at each end of the mast you have "available" and stick 6M right in between. The 2M beams won't really notice the 6m beam. bill, k1DY