[VHFcontesting] Yagi vs Moxon

John Baranyi n8um at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 12:08:40 EDT 2013

I used a Par Moxon for years as part of a 50 - 2304 setup in The mountains of Tennessee.  It took 13 minutes to level and crank up (fold up).  It only took 9 minutes to drop and stow when motivated by an approaching Thunderstorm...
See pix at http://www.chuckmartin.com/VHFContest2003_3.htm  they were taken as Hurricane Sandy had just past.  Best DX  with these antennas were WA7JTM  in Arizona on 2 meters and best DX with this set up on 1296 was K2DRH on 1296 and W5LUA on 2304.

John B. N8UM Oak Ridge, Tennessee