[VHFcontesting] 2 and 6 meter antennas

Roger Thawley Roger at G0BSU.net
Fri Jun 7 05:24:02 EDT 2013

Joe,
	I'm a great fan of the G0KSC 'LFA' design. For the last couple of
years I've been using a 22LFA for 70cms and a 16LFA for 2M for contest
operation here in the UK, where the RSGB runs an 'Activity Contest' every
Tuesday evening - 2M on 1st Tuesday of the month, 70cms on 2nd, 23cms on
3rd, 6M on 4th and 4M on the 5th (where there is a 5th).

I'm in the process of constructing a 12e LFA for 2M and a 22e LFA for 70cms
to use at home, along with an interlaced 6M/10M Yagi.
One of the great things about the LFA design is the lack of complicated
matching arrangements, which makes construction pretty straight forward.

You can find dimensions for home construction of a range of LFA antennas on
G0KSC's website here - http://www.g0ksc.co.uk/

Roger, G0BSU

-----Original Message-----
From: VHFcontesting [mailto:vhfcontesting-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf
Of Joe Barnes
Sent: 07 June 2013 07:48
To: VHFcontesting at contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2 and 6 meter antennas

I hope that I am not out of line in posting this here but I need to replace
my 6 and 2 meter SSB antennas. Currently I have a C3I FO-19-144 and a C3I
C7-50.

Both antennas perform very well electrically but were the only antennas out
of all that are on both towers to fail during a tropical storm. When I say
fail both gave up the ghost in the same way, a boom to boom support clamp (
not so much of a clamp as a piece of lite weight aluminum bent to go around
the booms of each antenna ) broke and the boom support was then un supported
on one end and the support hangs down on to the antenna below it.

The C3I antennas performed very well otherwise but since they have been up
there about 10 years I figure I should replace them so as to have a long
time to enjoy the antennas.

I am kind of curious about the L.F.A. antennas if anyone has knowledge of
them, otherwise I want a 6 meter antenna of 7 or more elements and a 2 meter
antenna that should perform at least as well as what it is replacing.

Thank you for your input,

Joe N4JBK

-----
No virus found in this message.