[VHFcontesting] Widening the 20-kHz-Wide Six Meters CW Sliver

WM3M wm3m at live.com
Mon Jun 10 13:57:17 EDT 2013

I agree, there is a lot of the 6 meter band that is not used much and with
most all of the activity both CW and SSB crowded between 50.080 and 50.200
or so, even with a pretty good rig, local stations running lots of power
make my 6 meter contest activity very difficult.  I am at FM19kg and there
are lots of stations within 20 miles or less of me.  Splatter from both CW
and SSB locals was so bad I gave up on 6 meters.  6 is my favorite band and
I have 4 six meter rigs in my shack, they all get overcome with the
splatter.  One possible suggestion would be during crowded 6 meter band
conditions, keep power levels low, 100 watts or less, until more power is
needed to make a contact.  Just my thoughts…..
Emory  WM3M