[VHFcontesting] IC-9100 reviews

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 31 18:58:35 EDT 2013

So I’m thinking of getting an Icom IC-9100 soon. My station is maybe not typical but I’m sure others have similar. I am only on 2 meters and have Lunar-Link amp. I have a 2M-18XXX on a tower with no pre-amp. I’m also very close to getting on the moon with a 4*2M-12 array. This will have a pre-amp at the antenna feedoint. I may use a coax relay to switch between the 2 antenna systems but will most likely just manually switch the coax cable. How easy or hard is it to integrate this rig into that system. The IC-9100 will only be used for 2 meters.

Currently I use a IC-7700 with a DEMI L series transverter and I’m having trouble integrate it with my system. Maybe I should try harder to get this to work but the new rig bug has bite hard.

Also how does it hear and does it have good blocking on 2 meters. I have several hams who are on 2 meters and I don’t want to get pounded by them.

Thanks

Gregg K9KL