[VHFcontesting] 2 and 6 meter legal limit amplifiers

Joe Barnes n4jbk at comcast.net
Sat May 4 13:37:36 EDT 2013

I really don’t get it but maybe someone here with more knowledge than I have can explain this to me. For about the last month and a half or so I have been trying to get the information that I wanted to order a 2 meter and a 6 meter legal limit amplifier and I have been greatly surprised.

One company that I contacted took a moth to get back in contact with me to even give me a price on the amps, the other company that I tried I asked for some pictures of the amps since the web site for the company didn’t have pictures that were very good. The first pictures that I was sent were literally component level pictures not of the whole amp. When I asked for pictures of the whole amp I got pictures of a barbecue, a dog, a child, and what I think is the companies owner. I was very very surprised by this because when I spoke to the owner on the telephone he seemed to be extremely nice and willing to help. This experience really has me wishing for the days of Henry radio, I don’t think this would have ever happened with them.

Can anyone shed some light on this or recommend a company that they know has given good service? I am ready to order the amps now, I realize that 2 amps won’t make or break a company but I can guarantee that the word of mouth that I will spread will certainly reflect my experiences and it has always seemed that has rely on other hams experiences pretty heavily.

Thank you for your input.

Joe N4JBK