[VHFcontesting] 6 Meter Spring Sprint

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 16:18:03 EDT 2013

I operated mobile the first hour of the Sprint from a high point. Made 3 Qs in New England. Conditions seemedmarginal so I shut down.  Later around 0200 UTC conditions seemed to pick up. I was helping the XYL with our grandchildren who we were watching for the weekend, so I operated from home using an attic dipole (oriented to favor SE/NW).Despite W1, W2, W3 and W8 being off the end of the dipole, I made 18 contacts over the next hour S & P'ing. Special event station WU1ITU was very loud, as was KA2LIM. Best DX was N1TQ FN42db.  - Jon N0JK EM28 KS