[VHFcontesting] 432 MHz Sprints

Jim Hunt k9gtj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 7 08:51:59 EDT 2013

I am going to participate in the 432 MHz sprints as a portable on Wednesday.  My set up with be a modest 14'/22 element boom I received many years ago from the estate of a SK and my Icom 706MKII G.  I doubt I will have an amp to use and will only be on SSB so unless a miracle happens with propagation, I'll doubt I get far with my signal from EN60vm (Kokomo, Indiana).

The good news is I will be able to get the antenna about 50' in the air by using the press box of the local and rural HS football field where I work.  The weather looks great so I can work on the roof near the antenna keeping the coax run low.

If anyone in the surrounding states would like to schedule a contact in advance of the contest, please feel free to email me.  Otherwise, I suspect I'll spend the first hour looking towards Columbus or Detroit and the second hour towards Chicago/Milwaukee.  I'll point south to Indy some too.

73's
Jim - K9GTJ