[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint results

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 10 10:21:27 EDT 2013

Was on the whole 4 hours.
Activity seemed fairly good.
Conditions here near sea-level were pretty flat.
No enhancement on any of the beacons.
Was nice to work both FN34 and FN35 this time.
Only worked south as far as FM18/19.
Got KA2LIM in FN12 & N2SLN in FN22 to the west,
but nothing further. I was happy to work an FN23,
and catch my good buddies K1WHS & WA1T in FN43.
Total was 46 QSOs, 17 Grids.
Not bad but I'm not really happy with how my
present 432 homebrew 24 el yagi is performing,
it just seems I should be hearing/working further.
Of course it would have helped if I had time
to get my preamp working, which I did not.
I guess running 500 Watts out with no preamp
kind of made me an alligator, sorry to
those I missed. Thanks to all who
participated and to the sponsors.
I plan to be on Saturday morning
on 1296 for the microwave sprint. GL all.
-73, Ron WZ1V, FN31RH