[VHFcontesting] OT Recommendations CAT

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Sat Oct 19 10:44:20 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM, William Stearns <wstearns at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've used everything from Omnirig and HRD to direct
> application connect through the serial link.  If you provided a bit more
> information on what you're trying to accomplish and your setup, I could
> provide some better suggestions.

Mike wrote

I have never been much of a individual contester, but I have gone
roving a few times in the past, but I've kinda got the FFMA bug thing,
and V/UHF contesting in general.  I'm assembling everything for a
"modest" at the moment station and the rig I will be using is my old
FT-100 for right now.  I'm looking at newer rigs but that will have to
wait until after the first of the year which is good because I don't
know what I want yet. So from what I know and much more that I don't I
thinking about a CAT program so I have a larger screen, the eyes
aren't bad but they aren't young either, and I want to it to do
logging as well since I like making the Q's but terrible about writing
it down.  This lenovo I just picked up is going to be pretty much
dedicated to the radio.

Since I have three recommendations for the HRD, I may just start there.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

APIC - D1 & D14 - http://www.arrlstx.org