[VHFcontesting] Icom 706s for sale

John Geiger af5cc at fidmail.com
Fri Oct 25 19:02:31 EDT 2013

I have a couple of the Icom 706 series radios for sale. Both work just
fine. Both come with the mic and power cord, and I have one box I will
include with the one that sells. Don't have a manual for either but they
are available on line. Here is a description of each one:

1. An Icom 706MKIIG HF/6m/2m/70cm transceiver. This is the model with DSP
as standard, back lit keys, and does 100 watts on HF and 6m, 50 watts on
2m, and 20 watts on 70cm. The case on the MKIIG shows some wear from mobile
use. It doesnt look too bad but does have some scratches on the sides of it
from the mobile bracket. There are also a couple of light scuffs on the top
of it. The face looks pretty good, with a light scratch on the display, but
it doesn't interfere with seeing anything. This is a great way to get on HF
as well as 6m, 2m and 70cm SSB/CW-the main VHF contesting bands. I am
asking $550 plus shipping.

2. An Icom 706MKII HF/6m/2m transceiver with DSP (this was an option for
the MKII). It does 100 watts on HF and 6m, and 20 watts on 2m (No UHF on
this model). This one is in very good shape physically, with just a light
scuff on the top. This one is also a great performer on HF, 6m, and 2m, and
still gets you on the most popular VHF bands. I am asking $440 plus
shipping for it.

You can pick these up in Lawton, OK and save shipping charges also.

73 John AF5CC