[VHFcontesting] WB1GQR FN33 Looking for Q's in Contest

Mitch Stern w1sj at arrl.net
Fri Sep 13 13:42:03 EDT 2013

I've seen very, very little noise on the reflector here for operations in
the contest this weekend, so I thought I'd make a little more noise and get
folks out of the woodwork. Or at least get more people on the air!

I'll be operating as WB1GQR from the summit of Mt. Equinox (FN33kd) in
Vermont for the September QSO Party weekend.

Available bands will be 50, 144, 222, 432, 903, 1.2, 2.4 and 3.3.  Most of
the time I will be at or near 50.160 and 144.200 MHz. Call in there and
I'll be glad to move you up the bands.

I point the beams north at the top of the hour to look for VT, PQ and ON.

I would also like to schedule WSJT contacts Saturday night  (that is...
Sunday morning after midnight - 0400z).  I have most of the various digital
modes - please make sure you specify which one! I usually schedule only 6
meters - it has provided the best results.

If you like to schedule WSJT, please contact me at w1sj at comcast.net  and
let me know what time and mode. I will have E-mail until Saturday morning
7AM on the day of the contest.

After that I will be traveling and setting up, so call me at 802-598-1978
(before the contest only!).

Thanks!  See you in the contest - hopefully! Pray for good weather!

73, Mitch