[VHFcontesting] Assistance in VHF Contesting...

Jack W6NF vhfplus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:25:57 EDT 2013

On 9/18/2013 1:04 PM, Paul Kiesel wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> Glad you put the smiley on there.
>

> But, hey, VHF begins at 10 meters! Well... 30 MHz. ARRL could bend perception (like it does by including 222 MHz in the UHF contest - UHF begins at 300 MHz) and make 28 MHz equivalent to 30 MHz and really get some participation! ;-)
>
> 73, Paul K7CW

Well, once upon a time, when we were experiencing sunspot cycles
comparable to what we have now, the QST column "On the Ultra-Highs"
included 10-meters. No, I'm not old enough to know that first-hand. :>)
Of course technology has improved a bit since then.

If activity were limited to 28.0-28.5MHz everyone would have access to
the band. But no SB(10) entries allowed.

--
Jack, W6NF/VE4
Shelley, K7MKL/VE4