[VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion

beamar beamar at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 09:31:10 EDT 2013

When Six is open, you don't need much. But, the gain of a yagi will get you through a pile up. When I went from a three element yagi to a five element, I did  better working into the Caribbean, Central and South America because the longer yagi would attenuate all the domestic signals off the back of the antenna.

Mike and I are also on the Church Sound Check Reflector, which is for people that do technical work at Churches. I am used to seeing his comments on Microphones and Digital Mixer panels. There is a significant percentage of us, on the Sound Check list that are hams. Sometimes it gets turned into an antenna forum.

Buddy WB4OMG