[VHFcontesting] Loops

Jack W6NF vhfplus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:24:24 EDT 2013

On 9/19/2013 11:54 AM, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Jack W6NF <vhfplus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/19/2013 10:48 AM, Bruce Herrick wrote:
> The 6 and 2-meter loops worked fine on the aluminum version of the same tubes.
>
> Mike wrote
>
> And on 6 meters when using a FT-100 you definately had to put a 4
> turn, 6" rf choke at the feed point.

I prefer one or two 31-mix clip-on toroids on 50MHz, when they are
necessary. I've never had in instance where de-coupling the feed-line to
one of my rover loops was necessary.

These clip-on toroids, in appropriate numbers, also work great with a
variety of other antennas and frequencies.

--
Jack, W6NF/VE4
Shelley, K7MKL/VE4