[VHFcontesting] Announcements in VHF contesting and othertopics.....

John Geiger af5cc at fidmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:11:37 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike at ka5cvh.com>

> To former rovers I highly respect, John, AB5SS & Dan, >W5DF use to say.
> Anyone can get their Gen or Extra, buy >themselves a plug and play HF
> radio, throw a dipole in the air >and <with a little patience> work the
> world.  Not so on > V/UHF.

Don, NL7CO and myself were having this exact discussion this afternoon.
Working California from Oklahoma on 20m is common, so it isn't very
exciting.  I know, I should always marvel over the magic of radio, but
still.......

Now working California from Oklahoma on 2m is thrilling!  I have done it a
few times, and it usually is my biggest radio thrill of the year.

John AF5CC