[VHFcontesting] Announcements in VHF contesting and othertopics.....

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Tue Sep 24 22:43:50 EDT 2013

Hello to all....Saying that I want to call CQ on the Internet and then
stand by for calls on the radio is a TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION of the
concept.....and of course George-K5TR knows that.  He has raked me over
the coals(twice) because my English was not precise enough.  His
English, in this case, is not only not precise, it is a complete
fabrication....

I call CQ on the radio, just as we all do.  But I want to be able to
post on the Internet where I am calling CQ, so that others might find
me.  I will point out again, that an Announcement does not MAKE an
contact.  You have to actually do that yourself.....with your own radio.

George complimented me and my station, so I will return the favor.  In
the June 2010 contest, I thought that I had made the highest number of
6M contacts ever made in an ARRL contest at 1836.  Later I found that
George had made 1856 QSOs on 6M....this while working stuff on other
bands too!!  I was totally bummed out about losing the QSO record, but
it just proves what a great operator he is.

73 Marshall K5QE

On 9/24/2013 11:32 AM, George Fremin III wrote:

<SNIP>

> In this last contest K5QE using some tropo and EME and MS and his
> great station was able to work 90 grids on 2 meters. That is
> fantastic. Well done.

> The one rule change that K5QE would like to make as I understand it is
> that he would like to be able to call CQ on the Internet and take
> answers on the radio. It seems like calling CQ on the radio should be
> enough. Yes, I have no doubt that you can make more contacts if you
> call CQ on the Internet and also look for others calling CQ on the
> Internet.

<SNIP>