[VHFcontesting] Magic in the September VHF Contest

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:43:12 EDT 2013

Todd, KØKAN EM19 worked AA4ZZ EM96 in the VHF contest on 144, 222 and 432 MHz Saturday night Sept. 14 (15th UTC)
 on a narrow tropo duct. He found AA4ZZ "the old fashioned way" -  by tuning his radio.

"Absolute high point of the weekend... Heard AA4ZZ *calling CQ* on 2 meter SSB
 Saturday evening. I called him, he called back but had trouble with my call, so I called
back on CW. Made the QSO, moved to 432. Then moved to 222. Also worked on CW.
EM19 to EM96 on 144, 432 and 222 MHz... " - KØKAN

To me these contacts Todd made are the magic of VHF/UHF and what make the contest special.

 - NØJK