[VHFcontesting] Magic in the September VHF Contest

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 14:02:35 EDT 2013

Increasing participation ... it's going to have to happen by bringing new
people in. Ken W9GA had the right idea in the 10 GHz contest last weekend.
He had a couple ham friends who aren't microwavers ride along with him as
he worked people in the contest. They rode along with me and Pete K9PW for
a while. Hopefully the bug bit them.

I've done talks at a couple local ham clubs about VHF operation and
contesting. Guess I need to do more. And invite people to see my station in
operation. I got interested in just that way decades ago when I visited
Jack W9YF (now a SK) working 2 meter meteor scatter.

73, Zack W9SZ