[VHFcontesting] Contest promotion

Jeffrey Guenther JeffJGuenther at verizon.net
Mon Sep 30 20:27:38 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am new to the reflector.  I have participated in some of the VHF contests,
usually twice a year.   Activity, it appears, here in Harford MD is quite
sparse, but I get on and have fun away.  I really do not enter the contests,
but have fun giving someone else a point.

We have the same concern(s)  about getting Hams active.  We are struggling
to keep a simplex net running.  Weekly reminders, a personal direct email
targeting certain Hams who have not been active lately, volunteering to help
anyone who needs assistance to get on the air.

The contests are a lot of fun especially when 6 opens, but when the bands
are dead, I can usually only work the big guns.  And all you big guns out
there I want to say thank you for taking the time for being there.  I have
worked as far North as CT and South as NC on 2 meters SSB/CW.  That doesn't
sound like much, but if you saw my meager station, you would understand.
And if I have worked you on any of these bands thank you also.

Looking forward to the reflector teaching more about frequencies above 50
Mhz.

Thanks,

Jeffrey - KA2BKG
Bel Air, MD