[VHFcontesting] 2 Meter Sprint - K1TEO

WA2TEO at aol.com WA2TEO at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 11:29:59 EDT 2014

106 X 30 grids. Activity was better than last year and despite heavy rain
and wind condx seemed normal. Best DX was W0LD in FM05 to the south, K8TQK
in  EM89 to the west, and K1WHS to the Northeast. No FM18 or FN11 was worked.
I did  work 6 in FN25 and FM17 which is very unusual. And, I believe I
worked more VE's  (16) than in any contest over the 25+ years I've lived in CT -
great job guys  and tnx!

I operated most of the first 3.25 hours before heading off to watch the
second half of the basketball game. One thing that made a difference this time
 was the use of the chat page. Last year when it was allowed I found it
didn't  make much of a difference. This time there many stations on the page
which made it an effective means to hook up with others. I'm sure either 4 or
5  of my grids would not have been worked had I not used the Internet to
arrange a  sked with the other station. I have mixed feelings about it, but
given the  current level of activity I would say it was very positive (In the
1990's I  worked over 200 stations during sprints on 2M)

Tnx for the Q's. If I get on for the 222 or 432 sprints it will be late as
unfortunately have conflicts both nights.

73, Jeff K1TEO