[VHFcontesting] Sound card interfacing, and an FT-897D

Dan Evans k9zf at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 00:23:47 EDT 2014

Good news!

I opened it up looking for a way to adjust the "levels".  And, not surprisingly, I discovered the problem was my fault...  I managed to create a solder bridge when I rewired the interface, and missed it when I put it back together.

There was a VR to adjust the audio level from the computer to the radio, which I tweaked up a bit since it was still a little low.  Now it seems to be working perfectly

Thanks for all of the replies.  Now, I will be able to work digital modes and use the voice / cw keyer, without having to swap cables on the radio.  Much, much better...

73
Dan

--
K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el

Check with Donnar interfaces.  They may have info and/or products that