[VHFcontesting] N6ZE: 222MHz 2-14 Spring Sprint Summary

peter h n6ze at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 13:37:21 EDT 2014

8QSO; 3Grids; Score 24
Very few stations on, but worked 4 guys in Moorpark, CA, thetown to the North
of me. They had actually heeded my e-mails promoting SPRINTactivity!
Best DX: W6PQL (CM97an) on CW (RST 579 w/QSB) & SSB at290Mi/467Km. W6PQL QTH: Freemont, CA)
Only SSB QSOs were with K6TSK & W6PQL. Some of the FMOperators used ALINCO DJ-G29s (222/902MHz FM handheld) w/whip or very smallyagi. Hopefully they will also get on for 902MHz & Up SPRINT also.
My rig: FT736/100W T.E. brick/M>2 9 element yagi locatedon very small hilltop (~900ft above sea level) in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Went QRT at 8:20PM due generator fuel exhaustion: onlyMurphy problem this time.
wx: clear, visibility 30 miles, temp 60F, calm winds.
 Pete, N6ZE: Operator in Grid DM04ne
Woodie, KJ6VZC: Logistics & Transportation Coordinator