[VHFcontesting] VHF/UHF gear For Sale...

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Sat Apr 19 23:00:27 EDT 2014

VHF/UHF Goodies For Sale

Here is the current list of VHF/UHF gear that I have for sale. I can
bring most of this to the Southeastern VHF Conference in Atlanta IF you
let me know in advance.  I don't want to bring all this stuff to Atlanta
if no one is interested.  OR, I can bring it to Dayton.

LUNAR-LINK AMP SALE:
I have decided to sell my last 3 Lunar-Link amplifiers and power
supplies.  These can be delivered to Atlanta OR Dayton or other
arrangements can be made.  Shipping will be a problem, only because the
power supplies weigh so much, so I would like to avoid that if possible.

1)LA-22 with power supply and 3CPX800A7 tubes.  This amp has the high
capacity blower installed--current price list shows $95, but Steve
charged me $250 each when I got these blowers.  This unit is currently
in use on the 2M EME station.  Will make full 1500W with 50W of drive.
No issues.  $2495

2)LA-72 with power supply and 3CPX800A7 tubes.  This amp is for 432 and
is currently in use on the 432 tropo station.  Makes 1200W out with 40W
of drive....it would do more, but again, I don't have enough drive on
432.  No issues.  $2495

3)LA-72 with power supply and 3CPX800A7 tubes.  This amp has the high
capacity blower option.  This amp is for 432 and is currently in use on
the 432 EME station.  Makes 1000W out with 40W of drive....it would do
more, but again, I don't have enough drive on 432.  This amp exhibits
thermal drift on 1 minute WSJT EME sequences.  It does not show the
thermal drift on SSB or CW....$1995

I have a couple of the RF wattmeter sensors for these rigs(I think that
I have one 432 and one 2M sensor).  List price on the sensors is $245
each.  IF someone wants to buy 1) and 2) or all 3 of these amps, I would
be willing to throw in the sensors. Here is a deal...all three amps +
the sensors for $6500.

Please keep in mind that I really don't want to ship these amps and that
shipping would significantly raise the price in any case.....

Atlanta and / or Dayton are coming up soon, so if you are interested,
now is the time.....

902/3MHz
1)DEMI transverter 28MHz input, 902MHz split output at 150mW. This
transverter is phase locked to a 10MHz source.  Input power is -20dbm
but can easily be changed to max 5W of 28MHz.  -20dbm is the output of
the transverter port on the ICOM Pro2/Pro3 transceivers and probably the
newer ones too.  This transverter is perfect for driving the big 400W
Motorola cell phone amp--see 8) below.  $250

2)Motorola converted cell phone amp.  These make about 100W and require
2-3W of drive at 902/3.  These are 26-28V units.  Put a 12V battery in
series with the car battery...works perfectly.  I have two of these
converted and ready to go.  $90 each

3)Two 47el Directive Systems loop yagis with power divider and phasing
lines.  $250

4)Directive Systems 3311LYRM.  Rear mount 11el loop yagi.  3ft boom.  $60

5)Directive Systems 3318LYRM.  Rear mount 18el loop yagi.  6ft boom.  $75

6)M2 18el EZ style 902 yagi.  Rear mount. 70" boom. $100

7)Preamps:
     A)WD5AGO preamp for 902.3.  0.4db NF with 30db gain.  Type N--$75
     B)WA2ODO preamp for 902/3.  0.32db NF with 22db gain.  Type N--$65
     C)DEMI 915LNA SN=6179.  High IP3, 33cm LNA Weatherproof, <0.7dBNF,
 >16dBG, DC         Feed-thru, Type N input, SMA out.  $72

8)I have THREE of the Motorola "600W" cell amps for 902/3 that are NEW
in the box.  These will need to be converted, but the conversion is easy
and only takes about 2 hours.  These require about 100-150mw of drive
and run off 26-28VDC.  They will make 400W output plus or minus 50W
depending on how well they are converted. $250 each or $650 for the lot.

11)I have two of the Motorola "600W" cell amps that are "fixer uppers".
One was in use in the shack for 6 years @400W, but it suddenly quit
making power.  The other one was converted, but never put on line.  It
does not make power either.  No obvious damage to either of these
units(i.e. no burned out traces or components).  These require only
100-150mw of drive when working properly.  You can save a bunch
here(normal price is $300+) if you can figure out what is wrong.  These
require 26-28VDC.  $75 each.

1296MHz
1)Directive Systems 2314LYRM.  13el loop yagi for 1296, rear mounted.
3ft boom, perfect for a rover. $50

2)Directive Systems 2324LYRM.  24el loop yagi for 1296, missing boom to
mast plate.  We can find one or make one.  6ft boom.

$65

3)M2 1296-22EZ antenna.  22el rear mount yagi.  68" boom.  $125

2304MHz
5)Directive Systems long loop yagi for 2304 Model 1376LY...76el loop
yagi.  $85

6)Directive Systems loop yagi for 2304 Model 1221LYRM.  Rear mount 21el
loop yagi for 2304. $60

7)TWO Directive Systems 27el loop yagis for 2304.  Rear mounted, 4 foot
boom.  $65 each.

3456MHz
1)Pair of DEMI transverters from the contest station....first is Model
3456MHz-144MHz Low Power and has the phase locked LO.  The 3456 output
is split and the 144MHz IF is common.  The second one is the 144-28INT
transverter from 144MHz to 28MHz with common input and common output.
The 144-28MHz transverter is set up for -20dbm.  $250 for both. This set
of transverters is used to drive

2)Toshiba 40W output 3456 amplifier.  Requires 0dbm drive on 3456MHz and
+12V nominal for power.  Matching switching type +12V power supply and
connectors.  $300

3)Pair of DEMI transverters from the rover....first is Model
3456MHz-144MHz Low Power.  The 3456 output is split and the 144MHz IF is
common.  The second one is the 144-28INT transverter from 144MHz to
28MHz with common input and common output.  This pair of transverters is
set up for "Max of 5W drive on 28MHz".  $200 for both.  This set of
transverters is used to drive

4)Toshiba 40W output 3456 amplifier.  Requires 0dbm drive on 3456MHz and
+12V nominal for power.  This unit came from the rover.   Completely
built up and ready to go.  $300

5)Directive Systems 112el loop yagi, Model 9112LY.  $80  See
http://www.directivesystems.com/9112LYK.htm for more information and
pictures.

6)Directive Systems 36el loop yagi.  This antenna came from the rover,
is rear mounted, and has a 3ft long boom.  $50

MISCELLANEOUS STUFF:
1)I have two 144-28INT transverters from DEMI that are used to bring one
of the higher microwave transverters down to 28MHz. These allow a fixed
station to use their quality HF rigs for the IF on a microwave system.
These will work on any transverter that has a 144MHz IF.  List $249,
price $125 each.

2)Mirage Model C1012 222MHz Brown Face solid state amp.  10W input, 120W
output. $250

3)Mirage Model D3120 432MHz Black Face solid state amp.  30W input, 100W
output. $250

MISCELLANEOUS ANTENNAS:
1)2M--7el Gulf Alpha.  $70
2)222--M2 7el  $80
3)222--M2 10el  $90
4)432--M2 11el  $80
5)432--Gulf Alpha 16el  $90

MISCELLANEOUS HELIAX CONNECTORS:

I have dozens of 1/2" Heliax and 7/8" Heliax connectors and I need to
reduce my stock somewhat.  Here is what I have...

Type N Female for LDF4-50A.  This is the "standard" 1/2" Heliax with
annular rings on the Cu Shield.  $5
Type N Male for FSJ4-50B.  This is 1/2" SuperFlex Heliax with the spiral
Cu shield.  $5
Type N Male for LDF5-50A.  This is standard 7/8" Heliax with annular
ring shield.  $10
PL259 Male for LDF5-50A.  This is standard 7/8" Heliax with annular ring
shield.  $20(I only have a few of these, so they are special order only)
Type N Female for LDF7-50A.  This is standard 1 5/8" Heliax with annular
ring shield.  $40  (I only have a few of these)
7/16 DIN Female for LDF7-50A.  This is standard 1 5/8" Heliax with
annular ring shield.  $40  (I only have a few of these)
Grounding kits for LDF7.  These are complete with clamp, pigtail, and
sealant.  $5

All the connectors are by dbProducts or RFS(Radio Frequency Systems) and
are new in the baggie complete with all gaskets, silicone grease,
instructions, and a heat shrink boot for sealing the connection.  The
mating surfaces are silver, pins are silver or gold.  Bodies are brass
or brass and stainless steel.  These connectors are very easy to
install.  They are actually easier than the Andrew connectors.  I want
to emphasize that these connectors fit the Andrew Heliax perfectly.  I
have never had a complaint or return on any of these items.

Thanks es 73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to "cuss and discuss" any of this.....