[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 24 08:01:32 EDT 2014

                     432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31rh
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 36  Mults = 19  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 684

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

It was a fun night on 432.
No pickle contacts here, but I did have 500 Whiskies on tap.
36 Q's x 19 Grids for 684.
Spent the last hour looking for grid # 20 but no luck.
There was a weak CW station I just couldn't pull out.
Which reminds me I need to get my preamp working again.
I did get as far as KN4SM FM16, and VA3ELE FN03, a nice surprise.
Some other highlights were working N2SLN FN22, and WA2MJP in FN33, a grid not
normally heard from. It must have been a blue moon because I actually
worked 3 FN13's(!) and 2 W1AW's, both W1AW/1 and W1AW/2 !
Thanks to all the Sprinters and sponsors.
Look for me on 1296 in the Microwave Sprint next week,
I will be operating from home signing W1AW/1, as part of the CT RI Contest
Group operation beginning April 30.
-73, Ron WZ1V, FN31rh