[VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint

Bruce Herrick bdh at teleport.com
Tue Aug 12 09:02:38 EDT 2014

6 Meter Fall Sprint

Call:   WW1M

Class:  SOLP

QTH:    FN43pi

Time:   1 hr

QSO:    7

Mult:   5

Score:  35

Five minutes before the start there were a bunch of loud 4-landers active; by 2300Z all enhancement was gone.  Dave K1WHS was MIA.  He & Bev are probably still in AK.  His 1500W and lots of aluminum typically causes stations to at least turn their antennas in this direction briefly and I can often work them after Dave, but my 50W and 4L at 55 feet doesn't cut it on a dead band.  Best DX was FN44, FN22, & FN31.  Thanks to those who got on and to the sponsors.

73, Bruce WW1M