[VHFcontesting] New Rig: Yaesu FT-991

beamar via VHFcontesting vhfcontesting at contesting.com
Thu Aug 28 09:05:16 EDT 2014

This radio appears to be a competitor to the IC-9100 - which I own. I didn't see anything about a 1.2 GHz module? Another really nice feature would be a 10 MHz frequency standard input. I was in hopes that it would be an updated FT 736, with 220 MHz capabilities. If they price this radio right, they could sell a ton of them.

As to Yaesu Fusion vs D Star and all the other digital modes. I have been on D Star, since 2006. I just can't see everybody getting together on a standard. Five KHz FM was the standard for 40+ years. The future is much less clear.

Buddy WB4OMG