[VHFcontesting] [VHF] New Rig: Yaesu FT-991

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Thu Aug 28 09:25:03 EDT 2014

I have not looked at the ad or formal specs yet but it's about time someone
makes a nice new DC to daylight based rig.  I hope they geared it to home
use and not portable or mobile use where you have a total of 6 tiny buttons
to push to access 9000 sub menus.  Give me a large box for home use with
real buttons my fat fingers can use ! hi-hi.

If they managed to keep the size big enough to be comfortable to use and not
follow the trend of making these new idiotic card deck sized rigs, and if
they keep the quality and performance high, then this should become very
popular and give the TS-2000 a run for the money.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....