[VHFcontesting] VUCC Pins Still Available

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Mon Feb 3 15:49:39 EST 2014

I was disappointed when my VUCC certificate arrived without a pin, but
didn't act on that disappointment until a few days ago. I queried the
ARRL Awards branch to find out if it was possible to order the pins, and
learned that they are available. For some reason, they cannot be ordered
through the ARRL "Store" online, like DXCC items, but instead must be
ordered directly from the Awards Branch.

The cost is $7 per pin, and they can be ordered from:

Bill Moore NC1L

Awards Branch Manager

*ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio^(TM)*

225 Main Street

Newington, CT 06111

Telephone: (860) 594 0234

Fax: (860) 594-0346

email: bmoore at arrl.org <mailto:bmoore at arrl.org>

DXCC Web Site: www.arrl.org/dxcc <http://www.arrl.org/dxcc>

Blog: http://www.arrl.org/awards-blog
Twitter: arrl_dxcc

Personally, I'd still like to see VUCC items such as plaques, T-Shirts,
pins, hats, etc. be offered in the ARRL Store alongside similar
merchandise related to DXCC and other awards. If the league wants to see
the award become more popular then they need to market it to the
membership. If it's not treated like a significant accomplishment, then
it's no wonder that it's not more sought-after.
Maybe we VHF Men need to stage a sit-in at some of the W1AW Centennial
events? There's an example of something that is being marketed to the
membership.

Thanks to Bill and the Award staff for making these pins available, in
any event. I mailed in my box tops today.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light