[VHFcontesting] Microwave Goodies For Sale

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Sat Feb 8 21:56:11 EST 2014

Hello to all VHF/UHF ops.....

I have decided to take the K5QE contest station to the Limited-Multi
class rather than being a full Multi-Multi class as before.  Hence, I am
selling off all my microwave gear from 902MHz to 10GHZ as well as the
microwave gear from one rover.

On all DEMI gear, I will take 60% of list.  For all M2 and Directive
Systems loop yagis, I will take 50% off.  What a deal!!  Most of this
stuff can be brought to Dayton or shipped. Some must be picked up due to
the weight, length, or too valuable to ship.

Here is the list:

902/3MHz
1)DEMI transverter 28MHz input, 902MHz split output at 150mW. This
transverter is phase locked to a 10MHz source.  Input power is -20dbm
but can easily be changed to max 5W of 28MHz.  -20dbm is the output of
the transverter port on the ICOM Pro2/Pro3 transceivers and probably the
newer ones too.  This transverter is perfect for driving the big 400W
Motorola cell phone amp--see 10) below.

2)DEMI transverter 28MHZ input, 902MHz common output at 60W. This
transverter is set up for "Max of 5W drive at 28MHz".  In rover service
before being pulled off line.  I think that I have two of these.

3)Motorola converted cell phone amp.  These make about 100W and require
2-3W of drive at 902/3.  These are 26-28V units.  Put a 12V battery in
series with the car battery...works perfectly.  I have two of these
converted and ready to go.

4)Two 47el Directive Systems loop yagis with power divider and phasing
lines.  Currently on the tower, but will be comming down soon.

5)Directive Systems 3311LYRM.  Rear mount 11el loop yagi.  3ft boom.

6)Directive Systems 3318LYRM.  Rear mount 18el loop yagi.  6ft boom.

7)M2 18el EZ style 902 yagi.  Rear mount. 70" boom.

8)Preamps:
     A)WD5AGO cavity preamp for 902/3.  0.4db NF with 21db gain. Type
N--$100
     B)WD5AGO preamp for 902.3.  0.4db NF with 30db gain.  Type N--$75
     C)WA2ODO preamp for 902/3.  0.32db NF with 22db gain.  Type N--$65
     D)DEMI 915LNA SN=6179.  High IP3, 33cm LNA Weatherproof, <0.7dBNF,
 >16dBG, DC         Feed-thru, Type N input, SMA out.  $72

10)I have THREE of the Motorola "600W" cell amps for 902/3 that are NEW
in the box.  These will need to be converted, but the conversion is easy
and only takes about 2 hours.  These require about 100-150mw of drive
and run off 26-28VDC.  They will make 400W output plus or minus 50W
depending on how well they are converted. $300 each or $750 for the lot.

11)I have two of the Motorola "600W" cell amps that are "fixer uppers".
One was in use in the shack for 6 years @400W, but it suddenly quit
making power.  The other one was converted, but never put on line.  It
does not make power either.  No obvious damage to either of these
units(i.e. no burned out traces or components).  These require only
100-150mw of drive when working properly.  You can save a bunch
here(normal price is $300+) if you can figure out what is wrong.  These
require 26-28VDC.  $100 each.

1296MHz
1)DEMI transverter and amp.  Transverter is 28MHz input, 1296MHz split
output at 3W.  This transverter is phase locked to a 10MHz source.
Input power is -20dbm but can easily be changed to max 5W of 28MHz.
This transverter has been driving the DEMI 1296 120W amplifier, Model
23120PA which runs off +12V nominal.  This is a perfect pair for either
a fixed station or a high power rover.  These units were ordered
together and were setup at the factory for the proper drive levels.

2)DEMI transverter Model 1296-28HP5 28MHz input, common 1296 output @
50W.  Input "Max 5W drive at 28MHz".  This unit was in the
rover--perfect for rover service.  I have two of these units.

3)Two 55el Directive Systems loop yagis for 1296 with power divider and
phasing lines.  These are currently on the tower but will be coming down
soon.

4)Directive Systems 2314LYRM.  13el loop yagi for 1296, rear mounted.
3ft boom.

5)Directive Systems 2324LYRM.  24el loop yagi for 1296, missing boom to
mast plate.  We can find one or make one.  6ft boom.

6)M2 1296-22EZ antenna.  22el rear mount yagi.  68" boom.

7)WD5AGO 1296 preamp.  0.4NF with 36db gain.  Type N--$75.

2304MHz
1)Pair of DEMI transverters....first is Model 2304MHz-144MHz Low Power
and has the 10MHz phase locked LO.  The 2304 output is split and the
144MHz IF is common.  The second one is the 144-28INT transverter from
144MHz to 28MHz with common input and common output.  This transverter
is set up for -20dbm drive(Pro2).  This set of transverters is used to drive

2)Spectrain 180W output 2304 amplifier.  Runs on 28VDC. $300...$250 with
1) above.

3)Second Spectrain 180W 2304 amplifier.  New in the box.  I don't think
this amp is converted for Amateur use, but I am not sure.  $250

4)Pair of DEMI transverters....first is Model 2304MHz-144MHz at 1W with
split output on 2304 and common IF.  Output is +27dbm on 2304.  The
second one is the 144-28INT transverter from 144MHz to 28MHz common
input and output.  Requires 5W of 28MHz drive. This set of transverters
is used to drive a 60W 2304amp made from one of PyroJoe's boards.  This
amp is fully built up and came from the rover.  The amp requires
26-28VDC and is perfect for a high power rover.  Transverters 60% of
list, $225 for the 60W amp.

5)Directive Systems long loop yagi for 2304 Model 1376LY...76el loop yagi.

6)Directive Systems loop yagi for 2304 Model 1221LYRM.  Rear mount 21el
loop yagi for 2304.

7)TWO Directive Systems 27el loop yagis for 2304.  Rear mounted, 4 foot
boom.

7)WD5AGO 2304 preamp.  0.56db NF with 24db gain.  Type N--$75

3456MHz
1)Pair of DEMI transverters from the contest station....first is Model
3456MHz-144MHz Low Power and has the phase locked LO.  The 3456 output
is split and the 144MHz IF is common.  The second one is the 144-28INT
transverter from 144MHz to 28MHz with common input and common output.
This set of transverters is used to drive

2)Toshiba 40W output 3456 amplifier.  Requires 0dbm drive on 3456MHz and
+12V nominal for power.  Matching switching type +12V power supply and
connectors.  $300

3)Pair of DEMI transverters from the rover....first is Model
3456MHz-144MHz Low Power.  The 3456 output is split and the 144MHz IF is
common.  The second one is the 144-28INT transverter from 144MHz to
28MHz with common input and common output.  This pair of transverters is
set up for "Max of 5W drive on 28MHz".  This set of transverters is used
to drive

4)Toshiba 40W output 3456 amplifier.  Requires 0dbm drive on 3456MHz and
+12V nominal for power.  This unit came from the rover.  $300

5)Directive Systems 112el loop yagi, Model 9112LY.  See
http://www.directivesystems.com/9112LYK.htm for more information and
pictures.

6)Directive Systems 36el loop yagi.  This antenna came from the rover,
is rear mounted, and has a 3ft long boom.

5.7G + 10G
I have two complete systems here.  Both use DB6NT transverters and
amplifiers.  Both have the 1ft Directive systems dish with the W5LUA
dual feed.  Both transverters are phase locked to a 10MHz standard, so
they are really on frequency.  The amps are 15W at 5.7G and 10W at 10G.
We have worked over 100miles with these setups.  Both are completely
integrated requiring only a 144MHz IF(max of 5W), a 10MHz locking
signal, PTT and +12VDC nominal power.  Remember this is DB6NT / Kuhne
equipment from Germany which is really high dollar stuff.

One setup is on my tower now and will be coming down soon.  The other
one was built for roving and is made to sit on a tripod type mount.  We
spent about $5000 for each of these stations, but I will take $3000 each
for either one--$5000 for the pair.

MISCELLANEOUS STUFF:
1)I have two 144-28INT transverters from DEMI that are used to bring one
of the higher microwave transverters down to 28MHz. These allow a fixed
station to use their quality HF rigs for the IF on a microwave system.
These will work on any transverter that has a 144MHz IF.  List $249,
price $150 each.

2)Mirage Model C1012 222MHz Brown Face solid state amp.  10W input, 120W
output. $250

3)Mirage Model D3120 432MHz Black Face solid state amp.  30W input, 100W
output. $250

If you need further details or want to "cuss and discuss" any of this,
please email me back or call me at 409-787-3830. Thanks....

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830...