[VHFcontesting] VHF En Vogue; issues and

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Feb 11 11:27:14 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Duane - N9DG <n9dg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Instant gratification and challenge are mutually exclusive, and if trying to mix the two, it will be the challenging endeavor, or its part of a combined endeavor that will lose.

This is "get off my lawn territory".  I'm sure the next thing will be
that it was those "damn no-coders" that ruined everything.

I wish this thread had started before our club meeting last Saturday
because I would have asked the assembled membership what they thought
the range was on 144 MHz.  I'll be hard-pressed to remember that
question for a month, though.

My guess is that the answer will be somewhere in the 150 mile range,
though someone may remember EME or satellite.  I doubt anyone will
mention MS or Es.

The problem has nothing to do with "instant gratification" and much
more to do with no one telling the new guys.