[VHFcontesting] Single-Operator-Unlimited Class added to more ARRL Contests

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Fri Jan 10 09:46:44 EST 2014

Noticed that the ARRL has decided to add the "Single-Operator Unlimited"
category to several contests, per the notice in the ARRL Letter,
e-mailed to members. I had hoped that the league would add this category
to all their VHF, UHF, and EME contests as well but so far, there is no
indication that they will.

With the January contest rapidly approaching, I can only hope that this
action will be taken prior to the main event in June.

I urge all VHF operators to contact their ARRL Division Directors and
let them know that they would like to see the inclusion of the SOU
category in VHF Contests, as I have done. Below is the notice.
===================================

/Radiosport/: New ARRL Single-Operator Unlimited Contest Category Now in
Effect

Responding to many requests, the ARRL Programs and Services Committee in
2013 accepted the Contest Advisory Committee (CAC) recommendation to add
the Single-Operator Unlimited category to the ARRL 10 Meter Contest
<http://www.arrl.org/10-meter>, ARRL 160 Meter Contest
<http://www.arrl.org/160-meter>, RTTY Roundup
<http://www.arrl.org/rtty-roundup>, and the IARU HF Championship
<http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-championship>. "This particular issue has
been a long time coming," said CAC Chairman Al Dewey, K0AD.

The new category permits the use of spotting information within the
Single-Operator class. In the past, using spotting information placed a
station in the Multioperator category. Per the revised rules,
"Single-Operator Unlimited: The use of spotting assistance or automated,
multi-channel decoders is permitted."

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light