[VHFcontesting] ARRL Jan VHF2014 N4BRF Limited Multi-Op

George Sintchak wa2vnv at optonline.net
Mon Jan 20 17:42:39 EST 2014

 2014 ARRL Jan. VHF Sweepstakes    N4BRF       EL96vk
 Limited MULTI-OP                               SFL Section

    Operators:
    WA2VNV, KE4OBV, W4WCD

    Band       QSOs X pt =  QSO pts.  X   Grids   =     Points
    50         35     1      35            9             315
    144        36     1      36            8             288
    222        2      2      4             1             4
    432        27     2      54            7             378
    TOTALS     100           129           25            3225

                           Claimed score =  3225

    Club participation ?    Yes
    ARRL Affiliated Club: Boca Raton Amateur Radio Assoc

Flat conditions. Only one brief 6m (E skip)contact to EM55 (WB8ZBT) Sunday
morning from EL96. In true ham spirit to get a few more points, we got
Randy, N4QV to drive down from EL96 to EL95 in the last hour of the contest
so we (and others) could get another grid. No other stations ever came on
from that grid during the contest. That's South Florida, Miami area. You
would think there are many VHF Op's in that heavy populated area - where
were they? Sunday football games made for very few contacts during that
time. Had fun anyway and tnx to the rovers out there for their time and
expense.