[VHFcontesting] 2 meters

Joshua M. Arritt jarritt at vt.edu
Mon Jan 27 13:10:20 EST 2014

I'll second support for putting some band plan on the digital
activities.  This is a good suggestion to avoid congestion.

Re: putting CW activity down low ....  I really enjoy and take
QRP-advantage of the present CW/SSB co-habitation on 2m, .170-.230 and
higher freq.bands.  Seems to help the Q-count, even out of contest. Most
ops I encounter have no trouble working, or working around CW.

Conversely on 6m, that CW/SSB mode segregation (50.070-'.100; and
50.130-'.180) is rather advantageous to the humble QRP op in hot-hot
Es.  I enjoy working below 50.100 in contests when the action is high.

73,
  - Josh / KF4YLM