[VHFcontesting] Kenwood TR751A?

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:25:02 EDT 2014

One of our club members has developed neurological issues and has
basically lost all his memory.  Don't know if it's Alzheimer's or
what.  Came on suddenly, though, got better for a while but now I
guess he's in some sort of memory care facility.  Very sad - we miss
him at the VE sessions.

Anyway, his daughter is looking to sell some of his stuff and one of
the pieces is a Kenwood TR-751A 144 MHz all-mode.  I don't yet know
the condition, but I bet it's clean and well cared for.

What would one of those be worth?  I figure this group would have a
better idea than the folks on most of the lists I'm on.

Also, what vintage is it?  I figure late 1980s, but I really don't know.

Thanks,

Peter