[VHFcontesting] VHF contest tips, tricks, and techniques

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 23 12:36:58 EDT 2014

Call CQ.    Call a lot.  Use a voice keyer, it makes the contest much more
enjoyable.  Many casual operators will turn on the rig, tune across the band
a few times, hear nothing and turn off the rig...  Keeping the voice keyer
going adds activity.    Just don't do it on the call frequency :-)

I didn't get to play in the CQ-VHF.  A couple of hours worth of pre-contest
antenna work ended up taking all weekend!  But, I now have an A50-6s, and a
2M5WL up at home.  And I replaced a couple of band runs of feedline.

73
Dan

--
K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el