[VHFcontesting] 2014 June VHF - W9RM DM58

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Mon Jun 16 19:06:26 EDT 2014

Thanks to the GMCCers worked this weekend and to all those I worked on
meteor scatter in the wee hours !

At the start, after a slow hour or two, 6 took off and we were running.
Reports all Saturday made me sense the east coast was e-skip poor just like
last year. This, combined with decent runs to SoCal and then into the gulf
coast and midwest on 6, started me thinking it might be a 'western year'
again in 2014. I had almost 450 6M contacts by the time the band went out
Saturday evening.  Well, by Sunday afternoon, I knew we had no chance. 6,
by which we live or die out here, was on life support and I ended up making
a total of 13 (yes, thirteen) total Q's over the final 9 hours, although
many were mults.

I made incremental improvements to the station this year, but it's still a
semi-portable operation. Bigger things to come for 2015 (hopefully),
including 222.

Breakdown:

6M - 494 x 162 (5 el @ 40' with 500W)
2M -   31 x 25 (5WL @ 45' with 700W)
432 - 10 x 6 (9WL @ 25' with 200W)

Total: 535 QSO's for 546 pts X 193 mults

105,378 total score

On time: 15 hrs

Jay W9RM DM58xn