[VHFcontesting] W0W - EN48 Grid Activation June 12th - 16th

Brad Johannes bradjrc at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 14:39:07 EDT 2014

Announcement : Special event station W0W See full details at www.k0six.com
Vince (K0SIX), Maria (K0MPP), John (WA0VPJ), Brad (KB0HNN) and Dave (NI0W) will activate EN48 from June 12th through June 16th 2014. We will be operating from a cabin located on Gunflint Lake and only a stone’s throw away from Canada. Our operation will run with the 2014 ARRL June VHF Contest.
We will utilize a 7-element (6M7JHV) yagi on 6m and a 17-element (2M5WL) on 2m, both mounted on 20-foot temporary masts. We will be running Elecraft K3's and amplifiers which should provide at least 500w of power on 6m and 250w on 2m. We will have a station on 6m and 2m continuously.
Tentative frequencies on 6m are 50.148 SSB/CW and 50.248 FSK441. On 2m, 144.208 SSB/CW and 144.148 FSK441. We will be sending on the 1st period (0-30 seconds) during FSK441 runs. Please spot us when heard.
We will not have access to the internet or cellular phone service. Please schedule yourself for meteor skeds on the public Google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtgbaVPpqE96dF9vS3ZBN3BKdjI1bS1UWWNqZF9NT3c&usp=sharing.
We will print a copy before departing on June 12th.You can also email KB0HNN at arrl.net your sched request.
Brad's (KB0HNN) vehicle will have APRS and chirping KB0HNN-12 during our trip north. You can follow us at http://aprs.fi
Thanks for your time and remember to keep your antennas north!

73 de the W0W crew!