[VHFcontesting] Field day antenna?

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Tue May 27 15:17:16 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Mike Fahmie via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting at contesting.com> wrote:

>  been thinking of ways to mount a rotor for hill-topping on my 2"
> trailer hitch receiver when I stumbled over a "Haul Master Vise Mount"

Mike wrote

I think we could all learn from others.  If you see something you like
post a link to the picture.  Likelyhood someone else may be inspired.
You are correct there are a number of reciver devices available to
use.  I have the pintle hitch mount with a piece of exhaust pipe and
the HB 20' flag pole I use for EmComm and other volunteer events.

http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/2003_Explorer_05.JPG

http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/2003_Explorer_06.JPG

http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/2013-10-12%2013.23.56.jpg

Here's a little DJ lighting stand that I use as well.
http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/2014-05-04%2010.21.29.jpg

Here it is with a 3L 50MHz yagi on it when I worked K4N last year.
http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/2013-07-12%2018.51.47.jpg

I ran accross this picture but don't know where to find one.
http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/receiver_mount_1.JPG

http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/receiver_mount_2.JPG

http://www.ka5cvh.com/p/radio_station_ka5cvh_portable/receiver_mount_3.JPG

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

The highest "authority" in America is its Constitution.