[VHFcontesting] Inventory issues with ham radio products

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Wed Oct 22 12:24:12 EDT 2014

Just wondering if others are experiencing any issues with inventory and
delivery for ham radio products? In the past few months, I've
encountered two problems that would have been unheard of just a few
years ago. I ordered a new product from MFJ Enterprises, the MFJ-5007
"SoundGun" parabolic microphone system shortly after Dayton. It was
listed for sale on their web site, but never delivered. After numerous
phone calls, I was finally told that the product had some engineering
bugs that were still being worked out--and it was placed on back order.

Then in early July, I ordered a Diamond CR8900A 10 Meter thru 440 mobile
FM antenna. After weeks without any word, started calling Universal.
First told it was on back order and should arrive soon. Finally told
yesterday that there were quote "problems with the manufacturer in
Japan" and it might be another month or more before the antenna would
arrive.

Anyone else experiencing these kinds of issues?

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light