[VHFcontesting] 2015 Eastern VHF-UHF-Microwave Conference --April17-18-19 --Manchester, CT

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 7 18:06:59 EDT 2015

From: "M.Casey" <map at mapinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [VHF] 2015 Eastern VHF-UHF-Microwave Conference --April17-18-19 --Manchester, CT

We want to remind folks that
the cutoff date for the hotel room discount has passed.  To purchase
a room, you must call the hotel directly.
Online reservations are not available
The rate for 2 double beds, a queen, or a king is $99
--still a very good rate considering the lowest regular rate is $139.
Rooms are limited and going fast.
Call the Baymont Inn: 860-643-5645
Tell them "VHF Conference" to get the $99 rate
Discount is available Thurs, Fri, Sat, & Sun nights
(The hotel manager has assured me that If any conference attendee
was charged more than the $99 rate after the March 17 cutoff date,
the hotel will reduce your rate to $99 --and I'm sure they will as we've
had an excellent relationship with the Baymont for the last 3 years
that we've been there)

Join over 83 of Your VHF-UHF-MW Friends
who have already Registered!

41st ANNUAL EASTERN VHF/UHF/MICROWAVE CONFERENCE
Fri./Sat./Sun. April 17-18-19 2015
BAYMONT INN & SUITES,
20 Taylor St., Manchester, CT 06042
(just a few miles northeast of Hartford, CT off I-84, at Exit 63)

$25 Early Registration extended until April 10 (includes Super Hospitality
Room, & Saturday Lunch)
Registration at door $30 (includes Super Hospitality Room, & Saturday Lunch)

Banquet $28. Must order banquet before April 10.

Our Registration web page at
http://www.newsvhf.com/vhfconf.html
is on-line NOW!

Check out this link to see who is coming!
http://www.newsvhf.com/whoscoming.html
Check: www.newsvhf.com for updates

Swap & Vendors -- Free (limited) Indoor Space available with
registration, for Friday Evening and Saturday daytime swap,
and Free (limited) Outdoor Space for Sunday swap 8-11am.

SCHEDULE:

FRIDAY----7am--FREE Continental BREAKFAST for
those staying at the Baymont Hotel
Noon – Lunch-- on your own
2:30pm-5pm –WORKSHOP  Session

Antenna Modeling - WA2AAU
Making the VHF and up Contest changes work to our
activity advantage - K3TUF
6pm to 10pm-- SUPER HOSPITALITY ROOM
& INDOOR SWAP & VENDORS

SATURDAY----7am--FREE Continental BREAKFAST for
those staying at the Baymont Hotel
8am to 5pm -- Presentations 8am to 5pm -- Indoor Vendors
Speaker List to Date--MORE to come!:
N6NB Working Hawaii on VHF, 1957-2014
N6NB VHF Adventures Coast to Coast, a 58-year odyssey
N1ZN Parabolic Dish Manufacture
K3TUF A Radio Server for VHF+ Contesting and Weak Signal Work
N1JEZ 241 GHz
W1GHZ 6-Meter stuff
K3TUF VHF+ Contesting; it's a whole new ballgame
KI2L Experiences building the W6PQL 220 and 1.2GHz SSPAs
VE2DFO 500 Watts on 1296 Solid-State
W3SZ OpenHPSDR Applied to VHF/UHF/Microwave Operations
and The Great 2015 Crash of the Internet Aircraft Servers
VE3CZO  Measuring NF and Gain using a cheap SDR dongle
VE2XX  Transverter switching

Noon*****NEW*****
**PIZZA & SUBS LUNCH  INCLUDED with registration!
6pm -- Pre-Banquet Hospitality
7pm -- BANQUET BUFFET, Tom Kirby Award Presentation,
Banquet Speaker, Trivia Quiz, Door Prizes

SUNDAY--7am--FREE Continental BREAKFAST for
those staying at the Baymont Hotel
8-11am -- SWAP/TAILGATE in Parking Lot

Sponsored by: North East Weak Signal Group (NEWS)
QUESTIONS?
Please Contact one of the 3 Conference Co-Chairmen:
Paul, W1GHZ, (presentations, proceedings)
w1ghz at arrl.net
Ron, WZ1V, (registration, website, test session)
wz1v at arrl.net
Mark K1MAP, (hospitality, hotel, swaps/vendors)
map1 at mapinternet.com
413-222-9292
Bradley International Airport (Hartford, CT), is close
by the site (1/2 hr). The New York, Boston, Providence, Albany
airports are a 2-3 hour drive.
The Downtown Hartford Amtrak Train station is only
about 15 minutes from the hotel.